Report on E-learning E-learning is a common term among majority of the respondents across various demographic measurements i.e. marital status, age, literacy level and working status. Definition of e-learning by majority is “Watching/listening to teachings using digital tools (95%). Noticeably, all the students, singles, attest to this fact. 65% of respondents, however, define e-learning as reading on Phones/Computers, remarkably, all unemployed in the working category approves of this.
Other understanding of e-learning by respondents include learning on Radio/Television (55%) and some few (15%) defined e-learning as “Learning without physical presence of a teacher or tutor (15%). Majority of the respondents (82%) has participated in one form of e-learning or the other, leaving at the tail (18%) who claim not to have participated in any form of e-learning. Of those who have participated in one form of e-learning or the other, close to half claim that it is better than the normal classroom teaching while about a third (36%) opined that it is not as clear as being in normal classroom while close to a fifth of the respondent (18%) sees e-learning as being as same as normal classroom. About two-fifth of the respondents rate e-learning high or very high on the attribute ‘teaching to understand’ while 23.10% rate e-learning low or very low on the same attribute.
The rest of the respondent who fall within the category of people who has participated in e-learning stood on the fence on the attribute ‘easy or not to understand’. On ease of availability of e-learning’, majority of the respondents (77%) claim it is not easily available. A further probe claim ‘Nigerian factor’ as their reason for their response, for instance during the covid-19, there were high hopes and expectations among parents and students about more local Television and Radio stations offering e-classes especially for the students in various class category. They claim this would have been more efficient and cost effective as to the use of internet with demanding data cost.
Still relating to current need for e-learning due to covid-19, respondents also opined that there should have been a functional and easily accessible website specifically for e-learning across classes from primary to tertiary level. So this actually affected the accessibility attributes. Two-thirds of the entire respondents would preferred e-learning against the other (38%) who claim otherwise. About 40% of the respondents claim digital or e-learning is either not easy to understand or not at all easy to understand with the latter with having more shout. Half of the respondents claim e-learning is easy to understand. Almost all the respondents (92%) who submitted to the online survey claim to be aware of online lesson for all classes but a further probe claim that searches for this classes were in futility online although though they are still willing to take an online class either by themselves or recommend one for their wards.
When respondents are asked precisely to choose of the two (online classes or regular class) the one they would like to attend in the nearest future, although online classes take the thin lead at 54% over e-learning which is interpreted as not too significant to regular class at 46%. A further probe reveals reasons such as cost, effectiveness and ease of use (they could take their lessons from any part of the world) as a major reason for accepting online classes.
Hi, this is a comment.
To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.